Friday, February 18, 2011

Zach Wahls Talks About His Inspiring Speech

Last month, the anti-gay Iowa house decided to put a vote to amend the constitution to ban marriage equality... something that has been legal in IOWA for some time now.

This teenager spoke out against the appeal, in the hearing about his family.  This is his speech... it was well spoken, eloquent and touching - made me a bit teary eyed to hear him speak.

Apparently, his speech touches a lot of people and there has been a lot of views on this youtube video... so much so that he has appeared on Lawrence O'Donnell's show as well as Ellen's.

All I have to say to the moms who brought him up is this - congratulations!  You must so proud of your son, standing up to fight for what is right!  And thank you for bringing him up and bringing him into this world.  I am not sure when we can experience FULL Equality, but with more young people like him growing up and speaking out, I am pretty sure, we can achieve that soon.  I am hopeful.

If you have not heard his speech, well, here it is....



Here's the video of Zach on Ellen's show.



Bookmark and Share

No comments: