Dixie Chicks was nominated for 5 Grammy Awards and won all 5 awards on Sunday Night. I have never been a big country fan but only became a fan when they spoke out against the war and the president and was immediately vilified. What happened after the country music fans turned against them was that I went out and bought their DVDs and their CDs and have been impressed by their music and musicanship.
NOT READY TO MAKE NICE is an awesome song and Take the long way is an awesome album - NRTMN is also a personal mantra of mine. I just love the chorus of the song -
I'm not ready to make nice,
I'm not ready to back down,
I'm still mad as hell
And I don't have time
To go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right
I probably wouldn't if I could
Cause I'm mad as hell
Can't bring myself to do what it is
You think I should
I also had the chance to catch them live last November when they travelled to the Bay Area and all I can say is that they blew my mind!!! They were friendly and fun and the band assembled were tight - all in all one of the better concerts that I have attended.
So Congratulations Dixie Chicks - We love you for speaking out and standing up to be counted. Don't ever just shut up and sing.
No comments:
Post a Comment