
On the day that important information were being made in the United States to signal a change in the congress, my partner and I decided to take some time off to go catch Pet Shop Boys in concert. While I was real anxious to see how the battleground was shaping up, I was also curious to catch with the Pet Shop Boys. The last time I saw them in concert, I was in another country the concert organizers were fined lots of money as one particular segment of the performance was considered “offensive” - 4 dancers were dancing on stage in g-strings - oh, the horror!
Anyway, the concert was held at the Billy Graham Civil Auditorium and it was not completely sold out but the crowds that came was mixed. There were senior and young gay man, straight couples, baby boomers attending the show. The boys started with Flamboyant, from their new album, FUNDAMENTAL, then proceeded with hits from all of their albums, including Rent, Shopping, Bilingual, Se A Vida, It’s a Sin, Always on My Mind and a really special acoustic version of Home and Dry.They did a wonderful job with the stage design, basically 3 square structure covered with white cloth on moveable wheels. The square blocks were constantly being re-arranged by 2 technicians and images were projected on it or special lighting “decorated” the white sheet bringing a different dimension to the concert. The sound system was pretty awesome too, considering that I could catch every word of Neil’s singing.
They were their wonderful drool self and we had a good time singing and dancing to their hits. The 2 hour concert was presented in 2 parts with a 20 minutes interval which allowed me to call friends to see if the democrats have taken the house or the senate yet. They also ended their show with a tribute to the fabulous San Francisco Crowd by dedicating the last song, Go West to us.
We ended the evening real happy as it seemed that the wind of change is finally here, the Democrats have taken the house and we are 2 seats short of taking over the senate!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment